Welcome!

Photobucket


John 15:5 "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (KJV)

Ok, so you're probably wondering what the point of this whole thing is. Well, that's easy. I have determined that I've languished long enough. What brought me to this point? I was in church on Sunday (as I usually am) and Pastor said something that made me realize I'm no better than a pew-warmer, and I don't want to be that any more. After all these years I've finally decided that it's time to step out in faith. To practice what I believe. I have all this head knowledge, but I'm missing out on all the gifts and blessings the Lord wants to give me because I'm not being faithful.

So, why am I blogging about it? A friend of mine is documenting her weightloss journey and I thought, Why don't I do that? I mean, I can't be the only Christian struggling with stepping out in faith and who knows? Maybe my journey can be a blessing to not only me, but also someone else out there trying to do what I'm doing.

Tuesday 24 April 2012

It occured to me





Luke 21:28 "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." (KJV)


It has occurred to me that some people reading this may not be saved and so I created this post just for you!


Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Adam and Eve were created with near perfect bodies. They hungered, but they were never ill. Then, one day, they sinned. Because they sinned their children were born sinners, and their grandchildren, and their great grandchildren, and so on until today. Thus, we are all born with original sin. This sin separates us from God, who is perfect and holy. Since we're born with original sin, we earn death. We must die; there is no other alternative. But the gospel (good news) is that God gave us a way out. Hallelujah! But, how'd he do that?
 
John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
Jesus Christ died in order to make it possible for us to live for all eternity. So what do we need to do in order to have everlasting life?


2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
The Oxford dictionary defines "to repent" as "to feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one’s wrongdoing or sin." It implies that we have made an inward decision to follow and obey God's will instead of our own. It's a change of mind about sin so we see it in the same way God does. 

So, what else do we have to do? Nothing.
Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Yeah, you heard me right! If anyone tells you there is something you have to do in order to earn your way into heaven, DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! The Bible is abundantly clear on this point. 
John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
Jesus paid our penalty for us, so the only thing left to do is to repent and accept the gift God is holding out to us.

SO! If you:
- admit that you're sinful and unable to please God by yourself,
- acknowledge that Jesus is God's perfect and righteous Son,
- accept that Jesus' death paid your sin debt so you can stand blameless in God's sight
- repent of your sins, realizing that sin is something God hates
Then now is the time to bend your knee and accept Jesus into your heart and make him Lord of your life.

God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment